Monday, June 16, 2008

Yes, I am going to be a father...

Isn't it scary? Poor kid. Well, I'm very excited. I'm fortunate to have a great wife who I know will also be the best mother. I'm looking forward to making her be the disciplinarian and me being the good guy who spoils our children. Ok, so maybe she won't allow that, but it would be nice. Everyone asks if we want a boy or a girl. Naturally, we have to give the token church response of "We don't care what it is, as long as it's healthy." Come on, everyone knows they have a preference! I would rather have a son...even guys like me who suck at sports want a son so they can teach them to throw a football or baseball and to take golfing. However, I wouldn't be upset about having a daughter either. I'm just scared to death to have a teenage daughter in about 15 years. Nonetheless, we WILL be happy with a boy or a girl...as long as it's healthy.

Anyone know where I can get a shirt that says "There's a Bun in the Oven"?


ctb

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bun%20oven/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_10180485/hlv_1

This one rules.

Nate said...

you're totally going to spoil the kid! I can't see you being the disciplinarian...totally a job for Vanessa, cause you just won't be able to do it, esp if you're the one to break the bryant tradition and have a girl. She'll have her daddy wrapped around her finger.

Vanessa said...

And I KNOW that you will be the best father. I agree with Nathan, if it is a girl she will have you wrapped around her finger!

Anonymous said...

Amanda and I said if we had a girl then we would be broke...:) Boys are eaiser to raise anyways...:)

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you and Vanessa. You'll make great parents. You both are so good with kids. Nothing like have a daddy's little girl but having a kung fu fighting boy is fun too. Congratulations!