Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday in Vallarta

Well, we've now spent an entire day in Puerto Vallarta. We slept in this morning and had breakfast in one of the several restaurant options here at our resort. After that, we headed to the flea market where we encountered more salesmen than I ever knew existed. If what I've experienced every time I've been to a Mexican flea market is symbolic of the rest of civilization here, then I'd hate to have to visit a car dealership. These people are ruthless. Everyone has something to sale and, typically, it's something you could make at home for 50 cents or less. However, we enjoyed ourselves and got some much needed exercise (we've been eating like Cale at a buffet!). We also took some good pictures today...I'll show you a few.

Vanessa & her salsa partners...

Me & the quietest woman in the world...

Taxi ride...

After our time downtown and at the flea market, we attempted to take a nap, but ended up swimming in the pool. What started as a very cloudy and windy day ended up being clear and sunny - perfect. We ate some great shrimp for dinner and went to a Disney show at the resort's nightly activity facility.

Me & my lovely wife after dinner...

We're having a blast and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I get to play golf at a course that's been around since the late 1800's. It's located near the marina, right on the ocean. It should be interesting since I'm a horrible golfer and this will probably be the nicest course I've ever played.

Vanessa just gave me a great idea. I will now leave you with a picture. This is the first edition of "Random Mexican of the Day."
Random Mexican of the Day...

ctb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know with all the mexican's in the U.S. these days, you would think Mexico would be empty of Mexicans by now.... :O)

Anonymous said...

"Random Mexican of the Day."?

I love it.