Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The day I've been waiting for...

Today is the day I've been waiting for most of my life. We are leaving OKC at around noon to go to the Ballpark in Arlington and watch the Atlanta Braves play the Texas Rangers.

When I was just a young lad, I would spend many of my evenings in front of the television watching the Bravos play on TBS. Since TBS will be hosting playoff games at the end of this season, they are not allowed to show any bias to any one team during the season. Thus, the Braves have not been on TV much this season and I haven't been able to see many games. However, I lucked into some tickets and am thrilled to take the drive down I-35 to finally watch them in person.

There is one thing that's making me nervous, though - RAIN. The forecast isn't looking too hot right now, so we'll just have to see how it goes. I hope I get Chipper's autograph.

ctb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chipper's gay.... :O)

Anonymous said...

I don't care if Chipper is gay or couldn't play ball, he can just stand there and look pretty, because he deserves every penny for looking like that.

Same with David Beckham.

Anonymous said...

Well, if that's all it took to make that many pennies, I should be making huge bank!