Friday, June 20, 2008

The CV3 is Puerto Vallarta!

We made it into Mehico a little after 4 this afternoon and got to our hotel around 6. I have to say this...my wife did a fantabulous job of planning our vacation. Our room has a balcony and an ocean view. The beaches aren't the perfect white sand that you see in some places and the water isn't as perfectly clear like in some places, but even so, Puerto Vallarta is beautiful. I didn't know this until we got here, but it is surrounded by beautiful mountains. We're definitely going to enjoy our time here!


One of the funniest things about Mexico is that there are always people trying to sale you stuff. As soon as you exit the doors of the airport you find Mexicans trying to give you free stuff so they can get you to come check out their resort and listen to their sales pitch. I thought I'd give you some examples of things I had to say today:

"I'm not interested in going to your breakfast and listening to you talk for 90 minutes." "No thanks, I don't want to buy a fake silver bracelet for $20." "No, I won't buy a hand-carved wooden turtle." "I don't want to go parasailing with you tomorrow." "No thanks...not in the mood for a horseback ride." "Nope...never been scuba diving and my claustrophobia won't allow it."

All that being shared, I am looking forward to going to the flea market downtown (possibly tomorrow). I love Mexican flea markets! You can always find the most useless stuff really cheap. Plus, I love bargaining!

Everyone who's interested can check this each day as I will be updating it regularly with pictures and experiences. We'll probably miss everyone for the next week, but the three of us will be enjoying ourselves!

ctb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't miss you.... :O)
But i do miss Vanessa, tell her i said hi

Anonymous said...

The baby is very busy. Probably too busy to enjoy herself (itself?) because growing ears and inner organs is VERY time consuming. I'm sure you understand.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Hope you have a great trip...looks beautiful.

I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your trip.

BTW, your picture in the blog is very GQ. You look like a youth minister :-)