Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Last Days


We awoke this morning at about 8 o'clock to the sight of a huge Carnival Cruiseship making its way into the marina about 1/4 mile from our resort. It's amazing how massive these things are. It was a pretty cool sight to see.

We then went for one final round of golf - again at Marina Vallarta. But, this time Vanessa was with me, unlike Sunday when I played alone. I warned her ahead of time, but it was still pretty funny to watch my paranoid wife keep her distance from the native crocodiles of the course. Although she was a bit uptight, Vanessa was able to get a couple of good pictures.



Again, we enjoyed the amazing scenery of this course located right on the ocean. For a second I felt almost like I was on the PGA Tour playing at Pebble Beach or something...but then I hit my tee shot on the par 3 that's nearest the ocean and was bluntly reminded that I'm horrible. Oh well...


Unfortunately, I started feeling sick to my stomach yesterday evening and it progressively got worse throughout last night and today. So, after golf I retired to the room for a bit while Vanessa got a facial and a pedicure at the spa. We had a great dinner and went to a show, now it's bedtime.


We're going to go back downtown tomorrow to get a couple of things from the flea market. We'll leave the resort to head to the airport at around 3 o'clock and, hopefully, be back in OKC around 11 o'clock tomorrow night. Keep us in your prayers as we travel. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have enjoyed such a great vacation for the last week, but we are looking forward to being able to sleep comfortably in our own bed.

Although this will be our final "Random Mexican of the Day," there will be some more photos to come when we get home (will be posted either Thursday night or Friday morning).

RMOTD

ctb

No comments: