Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You name the date...

Ok, the first childbirth class wasn't that bad, although it was an extremely boring 3 hours as I had expected. Vanessa told me that my last post made it seem like she was forcing me to go...that was definitely not the case. Everyone knows she wears the pants, but that's not why I went. I may joke around about having to go, but it is worth attending because I know it is for the health and safety of my wife and baby.

Now, it's time to see when everyone thinks Cooper will be born. Just comment on this post with the date that you think he'll arrive. I'm starting a calendar. Since we're poor, here's the reward for guessing the birthdate correctly - the person who guesses the correct date will get to change one diaper. If 2 people guess the correct date, each will get to change 1/2 of a diaper. If 3 people guess the correct date, each will get to change 1/3 of a diaper. Don't worry, I'll make sure it's #2 to make it worth your while!

Just so you have the most up to date information. The official due date is February 1st. Officially, Vanessa is 36 weeks and 2 days along. However, she is already 90% effaced and dialated to a 1 (if you don't know what those things mean...don't ask!), and the baby has definitely dropped. However, none of these things mean that she is in labor yet...it could be a few days or a few weeks - who knows?

I can't wait to see what everyone thinks. Good luck guessing!

ctb

8 comments:

Nate said...

26th...but i'm not changing any diapers...that's what Dad's are for...

Cooter said...

I'll take the 27th. I might need the practice anyways :)

Mrs Ziggy said...

I say the 23rd. I definitely don't need the prize...I have stinky diapers at my house & will soon have twice as many....no practice needed here! :)

Brooke Haynie said...

the 15th bc its my birthday!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

February 24th because it is the most awesomest number in the whole world!

Anonymous said...

18th is cool 'cause it's my birthday.

27th is still the coolest of them all.

You can change AJ's adult-food diaper in exchange for Cooper's baby-milk diaper any day.

That's an excellent poop trade, I'll take it.

--Annika

Amy said...

I say January 22nd. that sounds like a good day!

Melody said...

I think I'll take January 25th but don't need the prize. I'll just love on him instead!