Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bummer...

Well...wow. I guess I have to say it was a pretty good game. I'm sure some people will cry that we gave them the win because of two redzone turnovers, but every losing team can say that about every game. You make more mistakes, you lose...you make less mistakes you win. OU played well the first half, but that's about it. I'm not looking forward to all the talk about Chokelahoma and Bob Stoops sucking in big bowl games. All I can say is, OU's been to 4 national championships in 9 years. Can any other team say that? Didn't think so.

One gripe I have...if I hear one more "Tim Tebow is Jesus" type comment I'm going to hold a gun in my hand and shoot off all 10 of my toes one at a time. Someone who flaunts their spirituality to the world probably shouldn't be getting taunting penalties on a national platform. And Tebow winning the offensive MVP award is a joke. Percy Harvin dominated that game. Anyone who watched that game who knows football realizes that he was the true MVP.

Not much else to say. I'm glad OU made it to the national championship. Sure, would've liked for them to have won, but you've got to give props to the Gators. Other than that, I hope to see USC, Utah, and Texas play a round robin "Whiners Bowl Playoff" sometime in the next couple of weeks.

ctb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you still have your toes? I wish my team could sniff the championship game. Congrats on getting there.You're team deserved to be there and they played a good game.

clay said...

I have a couple of toes left. I'm with ya. It gets old listening to those OU fans who want to whine and complain about this kind of stuff. Sure, it's frustrating. But Stoops is a heck of a coach and when you average 10+ wins a season, you're doing something right.