Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Funny story...

A politician died and was met by St. Peter. Peter said, "I was told to offer you something you are very familiar with. You will be allowed to vote for where you will spend eternity - heaven or hell. You will spend a day in each place and then cast your vote." The politician took the elevator down and arrived in hell. As the doors opened, Satan met him with a warm handshake. Many politicians who had gone before him were there and greeted him. It was a place of incredible beauty and happiness. No one worked, yet everyone had an abundance. Everyone enjoyed whatever relationship they chose. Everyone lived by their own rules and were outrageously happy. It was everything he had worked toward all of his political life. At the end of the day, he hated having to leave. He took the elevator up and met St. Peter again. He said to Peter, "I would guess that in heaven I would have to live by God's rules - his 'thou shalts' and 'thou shalt nots.' Therefore, I've seen enough! I've made up my mind. I vote for hell." He entered the elevator again and pushed the down button. As the doors opened in hell, his eyes took in absolute devastation aand ruin. People were starving and fighting everywhere. Satan approached him with a broad smile. The politician asked, "What happened?" Satan responded, "Yesterday we were compaigning, today we have your vote."

Haha! Funny, huh? The weird thing is that I've always wanted to get involved in politics at some point in my life. Let me clarify...I want to be in politics - I don't want to be a politician.

ctb

No comments: