Saturday, November 22, 2008

Buryin, marryin, and bangin on the roof...

Thursday was a little crazy for me. I did a funeral at 10am here in Midwest City, then drove to Ft. Gibson for the graveside service at 2pm. Ft. Gibson is about a 2 hour drive. I have to say the Ft. Gibson National Cemetary is amazingly beautiful. It's set up much like the Arlington in Washington DC, only on a much smaller scale.

After the graveside service, I hurried home so I could grab a quick bite to eat and change into a different suit. I had a wedding at the state capitol at 7pm. By the time it was all said and done, I got home at about 9 and was exhausted. It was one of those days that, in ministry, doesn't happen very often. I'm sure they're aren't a whole lot of people who have done a funeral and wedding in the same day, but who knows. What can I say other than...that's why they pay me the big bucks. Actually, I was more than pleased just to have the opportunity to help a few families out.

We've also had some bangin on the roof the last couple of days. Wednesday afternoon I was startled when I was sitting in the living room...the house suddenly began shaking violently due to something hitting our roof. It was the roofing company delivering bundles and bundles and bundles of shingles and shingles and...ok, you get it. The roofers started on our roof Thursday afternoon and were finished by around 4 on Friday. Racism and stereotypes aside, those Mexicans REALLY are hard workers and very good at what they do. The roof looks pretty good.

And, we finished up Friday night by going to the Thunder game. I'm pretty sure the Carl Alber girls could beat them. It's pretty sad. Oh well, I don't think I need to say anything else. I'm sure I've said enough.

That's my world the last few days...

ctb

No comments: