Friday, September 12, 2008

Is this really happening?

I know that any of you who know us have already heard that we're having a boy. Vanessa and I are so excited. This is so weird. As my lovely wife stated in her blog recently, it's hard to believe that there's a life in there. It's definitely a good reminder of all that God is capable of.

I don't really know what to say. Sometimes I catch myself starting to tear up when I think about being a daddy and having a son of my own, but then I catch myself picturing his life and our life together as a family. It's so weird to think about what he might look like, what type of personality he'll have, how he'll react to my crazy family, what things he'll like to do.

All I know is that a child is a gift from God (although it's difficult for me to believe that my parents at one point considered me a gift). I won't take it for granted. Pray for Vanessa and I, and for our son, that God will watch over our family as we grow together.

ctb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw V's status on Facebook. Congrats to you both! I think it's kinda cool that you tear up a bit. I look forward to seeing how God continues to bless your family.

Anonymous said...

Once you're a daddy, you'll become a softy and tear up at weird things. We all have done it...congrats on the baby boy.