Friday, April 25, 2008

Complaint Free

For all of you that know Vanessa and I well, you've probably heard us talking about "A Complaint Free World." This is an organization that is trying to change the world by way of positive thinking. You should check it out here: www.acomplaintfreeworld.org.

Anyway, my interest in this program has recently caused me to start noticing all the little things I complain about on a daily basis. I thought I'd share some of what I wanted to complain about in the last 24 hours or so.

  1. I'd like to complain about how crazy windy it is in Oklahoma, but I won't.
  2. I'd like to complain about how horrible our softball team is, but I won't.
  3. I'd like to complain about how horrible I am at softball, but I won't.
  4. I'd like to complain about all the people that think youth ministers do nothing but play with teenagers, but I won't.
  5. I'd like to complain about how much fuel costs and how much of it my truck guzzles, but I won't.
  6. I'd like to complain about all the stuff I have to do and how little time I have to do it, but I won't.
  7. I'd like to complain about the fact that I don't get to play golf as much as I'd like, but I won't.
  8. I'd like to complain about how mad I am that my brother could end up going back to Iraq, but I won't.
  9. I'd like to complain about how I never get to see my nephew, but I won't.
  10. I'd like to complain about how bad my chili cheese burrito was from Taco Bell, but I won't.

Man, it sure feels good not to complain very much! Do I have to switch wrists for that?

ctb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will get to see AJ a whole lot in the next year.

And there are no cc burritos here. I have been wanting a cc burrito for 18 months. Remind me to get one when I'm there.

--Annika

SB said...

Wow. You, Clay Bryant, are truly a fine example for all of the rest of us low-life complainers. We obviously have some catching up to do! :) Did it hurt taking your bracelet on & off that many times???