Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...

This afternoon I mowed my yard. It was in such a shape that it looked like a baseball field (yeah, the dirt infield part). I've never seen so much brown grass. BUT...now it's raining...no, pouring. I've never been so excited to see rain. Except the rain brought along with it some lighting and thunder. I was on the front porch and about jumped out of my shorts when a transformer blew right across the street. My ears were ringing for at least 5 minutes. Nonetheless, it's a good night for rain. Hope y'all are safe...

ctb

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I have never seen you so scared in my life. You were as white as a sheet!!

SB said...

We had one blow in a nearby yard a few months ago. Rodney & I were standing at the back window, watching a storm when we saw it blow! It is VERY loud!