Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is it?

Bored out of my mind with the DVR empty, I just finished watching a show called NFL's Greatest Games. It featured Super Bowl XXXII between the Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos. I know it's crazy, but my heart was pounding the last 15 minutes as they showed the 4th quarter play out. It was like 10 years ago, and I still got chills when the Broncos owner handed over the trophy and said, "There's only four words...THIS ONE'S FOR JOHN!" (In case you don't know, he was referring to John Elway.)

So that got me thinking...what is it about sports that does that to us? What is it about grown men playing a game that makes us shake, yell and holler at the top of our lungs, argue and fight, and give up so much money and time?

Well, here's my answer...I HAVE NO IDEA, but I love it. Football, Basketball, Baseball...it doesn't matter, I can get into it.

Which brings me to my next point...I'm scared to death about the BCS National Championship game. I hope "Big Game" Bob shows up with the "Stoops Troops" and not the "Chokelahoma Drunken Stupors" that have showed up in recent bowl games. One thing I know for sure...I'll be shaking and yelling, and, hopefully, experiencing chills when we pull off the upset.

ctb

2 comments:

Nate said...

I remember that SuperBowl...didn't we all watch it at my house on the big screen?

clay said...

I don't know. If so I'm pretty sure I wasn't there. I think I remember watching it at home.